During this time of year many people are particularly stressed, since there is a lot to get done before the end of the year, and since weather and darkness are having a stressful effect on the body and the psyche. This encourages me to give you with an opposite impulse my coaching question: How do you keep it with the enjoyment: Just try to track down your pre-conscious attitudes:
- Are you allowed to enjoy? Generally? Just like that?
- Do you (supposedly) first have to meet certain requirements before you can enjoy?
- Is there something dangerous for you with enjoyment?
- Are you allowed to provide yourself with enjoyment, or do you have to wait for it being offered to you by others?
- How much are your answers to the above questions shaped by your past? How far are they actually still valid for you today?